Your Favorite things and another card
Posted by Dianette "Jany" Seda en 16 abril 2009
Okay, so last night I finished this card I was crazy about doing. It is my Dutch Dare Card submission of my favorite things. I have many favorite things but NOT all of them would fit together. Flowers and masculine cards don’t always look good together.
Anyways, for this card I used yellow scrapper floss. I love it! Then I used brads. They are so easy to use anywhere! Even as center of flowers or alone. You just need a piercer. Then you have pop-it! pop dots. They are great for dimensions. Then you have the main image. The cowboy. I’m in love with him. It is just that I haven’t used until now because I couldn’t find a way to color it. I used my tombow as watercolor thanks to a tutorial I found over the net. And last but not least, our designer paper. I admit it is not a current one but we still carry 3 notebooks of it. What I like is the weight of the paper. Ohhhh and the size of this card is just 4X3 and I used red! My favorite color now.
Í need to thank Martin for telling me how to color my image. He was the one to tell me (over the phone) which colors to use. I miss paper crafting at his home, but now my inventory is too much for his studio apartment.
And now, my other card. It was intended as another entirely different card, a christmas one. Then I changed my mind and wanted to do my grandmother’s birthday card and turned to a stamp from the magalogue I haven’t used yet. Besides, I bought it just for her stuff. She loves flowers and birds.
I did it for various challenges. I don’t LOVE it but they might like it. I will name all the challenges and products used in a while. Meanwhile here’s my card.
First card recipe:
- White cardstock
- Designer Paper
- Wild West Stamp
- Pop It Pop Dots
- Yellow Scrappers Floss
- Tombow Bright
- Tombow Earth
- Watercolor paper
Second card Recipe:
- Amelia Paper
- Amelia Cardstock
- Ribbon (I colored it with Walnut Inks)
- Flower Punch (small)
- Antique Copper Hardware
- Ultra Smooth Ivory Cardstock
- Beautiful Day Stamp Set
- Palette Burnt Umber (sponged too)
And then, the second card is for the following challenges:
- Cute Card Thursday flowers (just found out after looking for the ones this card fitted since I left the list in my crafting area and I need a car to retrieve it).
- Just Christmas and Birthday Cards (sketch)
- One Stop Challenge -(torn)
- Rainbow Lady (one day Late) Danglers Flower shape
First card goes to:
- Rainbow Lady (one day Late) danglers the knoted rope dangling done in scrapper floss
- Stamp Something – shape, would be the (herradura in Spanish)